6 Reasons to Install Bay Windows
Bay windows are made up of three or more windows joined together into one unit that extends from the exterior wall of a house, forming an interior alcove. They can be configured into different arrangements and are most commonly angled out at 45 or 90 degrees. They have many advantages over other styles. Here are six reasons you may want to install bay windows in your home.
1. They offer better views. Bay windows have three or more large panes of glass. The center pane is usually fixed and provides an unobstructed view of the exterior of your home. The different angles of glass provide enhanced views in multiple directions.
2. They’re a source of natural light. Since bay windows comprise three window panels, they have more surface area than a single window. This allows plenty of natural light into a room. In addition, the angular construction allows light to enter from different directions.
3. They’re customizable. Bay windows can be customized to match the style of your home. They’re elegant, stylish and come in different varieties such as canted, oriel, circle and box-style. You can also mix and match picture, casement and double-hung windows for added functionality.
4. They improve ventilation. Bay windows with operable side windows allow for better airflow and improved ventilation. The side windows are placed at opposite angles and can create a cross-breeze that will air out your space in no time.
5. They add extra space. Bay windows make a room look and feel larger. Since they protrude outward, they can add up to two feet of extra living space to a room. The interior alcove can be used to create a window seat, added storage or a cozy reading nook.
6. They increase resale value. Bay windows add dimension and can improve the interior and exterior appearance of your home. Plus, the added square footage will increase the resale value of your home.
You should keep in mind that improperly installed bay windows can lead to cracks in the surrounding walls. If you want to ensure the job is done right, hire a reputable window installer in your area.
Bay Windows in Northwestern Canada
All-West Glass offers worry-free window installation. We carry hundreds of different styles and shapes of windows to transform the look of your home including bay windows. If you’re looking for a horizontal window, hopper window or bow window, we can help. We have locations in Edmonton, Yellowknife and Whitehorse and across Northwestern Canada. Contact us today to book an appointment.