The Best Way to Remove Stickers from Your Auto Glass
Car stickers are both very common and very difficult to remove. Here are a few tips for safe and easy removal.
Whether you purchased a used vehicle that’s decorated with the former owner’s stickers or you simply want to remove one of your own that has deteriorated, you might be unsure of how to go about removing them without leaving behind residue or damaging the auto glass.
1. Window cleaner: Spray window cleaner over the sticker, pick at it with a razor blade, then pull it up slowly. Repeat the process until it’s gone. Be careful, however. A wrong move with the razor could damage your fingers or the glass.
2. WD-40: People love to joke that WD-40 can do anything and this isn’t going to do anything to discount that. Simply apply WD-40 to the sticker you wish to remove, let it sit for about three minutes, then wipe it off with a damp rag.
3. Baking soda and cooking oil: Mix a half cup of your cooking oil of choice with baking soda, and then gently apply the concoction onto the sticker with a rag or paper towel. Once the sticker has been sufficiently coated with the mixture, let it sit for a few minutes. Afterwards, you should be able to peel it off without issue.
4. Soap and hot water: Fill a bottle with hot water and a bit of soap. Cap the bottle and shake it so that the soap mixes with the water, then pour some of the hot, soapy water over the sticker. Keep pouring until the sticker becomes loose enough that you can remove it with your fingers.
5. Ice and razor: While hot water is effective at removing stickers, the opposite approach works just as well. Hold an ice pack against the sticker for about five minutes. Then, scrape away the sticker using a razor blade.
Dawson Creek Auto Glass Installation and Repair
If your windshield is in need of repairs, bring your vehicle in to All-West Glass. Our team will assess the damage and carry out repairs in a timely manner. You won’t be inconvenienced by having to go without your vehicle for a long time and you’re sure to be satisfied with our high-quality service. Contact our location in Dawson Creek to get a quote or book a consultation regarding your auto glass.