9 bathroom design trends for 2021
Spa-themed bathrooms are trending this year. And given the stresses of 2020, doesn’t it seem only fitting that people are now looking to relax and rejuvenate in their homes? Here are nine resort-inspired bathroom design trends for 2021.
- Large tubs. Bathtubs are front and centre, and a must for a spa-like experience. Large, deep, freestanding soaker tubs are a great place to relax and unwind.
- Vintage fixtures. Changing your fixtures is a simple way to update the look of your bathroom. Vintage brass and gold hardware are in style this year. They provide a warm, cheerful elegance and a welcome change over the chrome and silver tones popular in the past.
- Geometric tiles. There are many different shapes and sizes of tile to choose from. This year, geometric shapes are making waves in design circles. Hexagons, triangles and diamonds are the way to go for a contemporary look.
- Quartz countertops. Quartz is durable and easy to clean. It’s non-porous and naturally less susceptible to the growth of bacteria, viruses and other pathogens. It also comes in a wide variety of colours and finishes, allowing it to be matched to any esthetic.
- Natural light. Windows let natural light into a room. There are many different styles of windows that work well in bathrooms, including skylights, stained glass windows and custom architectural windows.
- Plants and flowers. For a holistic experience in your bathroom, consider incorporating some foliage. Adding plants is a simple way to bring the outside in. If taking care of plants isn’t your thing, however, consider keeping fresh flowers instead.
- Smart features. Bathrooms are going high-tech this year. Expect to see smart toilets with automatic lids, seat warmers and built-in deodorizers, as well as smart showers with customizable temperature controls, automatic sinks, heated floors and voice-activated lighting.
- Glass doors. Enclosed showers with frameless glass doors will make your bathroom appear larger and more open. They’re a great option for any size room, large or small.
- Unique mirrors. Mirrors can help reflect light and brighten and expand a room. Unique mirrors, including skinny floor to ceiling mirrors, large circular mirrors and mirror walls are all trending this year. Mirrors don’t take up any floor space and they’re relatively inexpensive and easy to install. Look for a company that specializes in custom glass and that can cut a mirror to fit your specific bathroom dimensions.
Window installation service in northwestern Canada
If you’re looking for custom glass or a custom architectural window in Edmonton, Yellowknife, Whitehorse, or elsewhere in British Columbia or Alberta, All-West Glass can help. We fix, replace and install glass windows and doors for residential and commercial properties. We have 19 retail locations across Northwestern Canada. Contact us today to learn more about our products and services.