DIY Craft Ideas for Discarded Glass
The next time you replace a window or even a windshield, rethink the idea of tossing your unwanted glass in the trash.
While we have written about how to dispose of used glass properly, there are other things you can do with it before discarding – like using it for innovative crafts. Not only does this save you the hassle of disposing of it, but it is a great way to exercise your creative skills!
Unique Craft Ideas Using Broken and Intact Auto Glass and Windows in Edmonton
You do not have to be naturally crafty to look at a piece of leftover glass and turn it into something extraordinary. Instead, just take your inspiration from these ideas:
• Create Stepping Stones: Make garden stepping stones dressed up with a mosaic (using pieces of broken glass). You`ll need more than your leftover windows, but any glass items will do, including an old wine glass or serving platter. The more variety you have, the more dimension the end product creates. You can press the broken glass pieces into the concrete and seal using epoxy so that no shards are poking out from the stone.
• Chalkboard Window: For an intact window you no longer need, frame it and paint over the glass with chalkboard paint (which comes in a variety of colours). Then hang it where you need a decorative chalkboard in the house. You can also use the frame and create a chalkboard calendar or menu board for the kitchen.
• Create a Bathroom Mirror: Remove the glass panes from an old window and replace them with mirrors. By using the frame, you have an antique, unique bathroom mirror that gives a personalized touch to your home.
• Antique Headboard: Save yourself the costs of buying a unique headboard and use old windows to make one yourself. You can take two large windows or four medium-sized windows to get the job done. Simply hang on the back wall behind your bed to create the illusion of a headboard, and you are done!
• Crushed Glass Votive: This is an excellent craft for auto glass, especially if you just replaced a shattered windshield. Break the glass into smaller pieces and then pile it up into a tall glass container. Put a votive glass candle holder in the center, carefully, and insert a battery-operated LED candle inside. Then, place a lid on top of the glass container to ensure nothing falls out. When you turn on the LED votive light, it bounces along the edges of the broken glass and creates a unique effect.
Have a Broken Windshield? Come to Your Local Pros for Auto Glass Repair in Edmonton
When you have a small chip or crack in your windshield, come to the team at All-West Glass. We offer repairs and replacements for auto glass in Edmonton, and we can help prevent small cracks from turning into full out repairs. We also have a mobile repair unit, which means we can come to your home or office and repair your car without you having to wait.
Schedule an appointment for Edmonton auto glass replacement or repair with the team at All-West Glass today. Find a location near you or reach us online to learn more about our window products.